Effective Date: Nov 30, 2016
- The information we collect on or through the Services and how we collect it.
- How we use and process the information we collect.
If you have not done so already, please also review our Terms of Service. The Terms contain provisions that limit our liability to you and require you to resolve any dispute with us through final and binding arbitration on an individual basis and not as part of any class or representative action.
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
“Personal Information" means information associated with or used to identify a specific person. Your Personal Information includes: (1) contact data (such as your e-mail address, telephone number and employer); (2) demographic data (such as your gender, your date of birth and your zip code); and (3) certain Usage Data, such as the IP address from which you access the Services (as further discussed in Section 3.b. below) If you communicate with us by, for example, e-mail or letter, any information provided in such communication may be collected as Personal Information.
“General Information” is information about an individual’s online activity that, by itself, cannot be used to identify him or her, such as browser type, operating system and the dates/times of Services access.
Personal Information and General Information may be linked together. Different types of General Information also may be linked together and, once linked, may identify an individual person.
- HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
a. Information that You Provide to Evereve: You may provide us with your Personal Information when you contact us for help or information, create an account to use one of the Services or otherwise voluntarily supply your Personal Information to us. We may collect information, some of which may be Personal Information, as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
b. Information that We Collect When You Use the Services: When you use the Services, we may automatically collect certain information about how you interact with the Services, such as (i) IP address; (ii) domain server; (iii) type of device(s) used to access the Services; (iv) web browser(s) used to access the Services; (v) statistics and information associated with the interaction between your browser or device and the Services; and (vi) referring webpage or other source through which you accessed the Services (collectively, “Usage Data”). Depending on applicable law, some Usage Data is Personal Information and some is General Information.
c. Information Collected from Other Sources: Third parties that assist us with our business operations also collect information (including Personal Information and Usage Data) from you and share it with us. For example, we may use email service providers that help us to more effectively administer our communications and marketing programs.
- HOW WE USE, SHARE AND DISCLOSE INFORMATION
a. How We Use Information
We use the information that we collect or that you provide to us to operate, maintain and enhance the Services, including:
- To present the Services to you and to customize, improve and develop content and functionality that helps us better serve your needs;
- To operate our business and provide services and products requested by you;
- For customer service and to troubleshoot problems;
- To facilitate communication between Evereve and you;
- To prevent, detect and investigate prohibited or illegal activities, such as claims of copyright infringement and security breaches;
- To send emails and other communications that display content that we think will interest you, such as news about our products, services and promotions;
- To generate statistical information about how users interact with the Services and conduct analyses to support, improve and enhance the Services;
- To carry out our obligations and protect our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including our <Terms of Service>;
- To protect the safety, security and legal rights of other users of the Services;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide information to us or to which you consent.
We may share and disclose information:
- With third party service providers that we retain to perform functions on our behalf, such as web hosting, data analyses and promotion services providers, communication services providers, reservations and property management providers, and technology and data service providers, that have access to Personal Information needed to perform their functions;
- To enforce our agreements with other users or third parties, including in connection with claims of copyright infringement;
- To protect the safety and security of users;
- To comply with a subpoena, regulation, binding order of a data protection agency, legal process, governmental request or other legal or regulatory process; and
- From time to time we might establish a business relationship with other persons or entities whom we believe trustworthy and whom we have asked to confirm that their privacy policies are consistent with ours. These are known as our Select Partners. In such cases we might rent, exchange, share and/or cross-reference information, including contact information about you that will enable such persons or entities to contact you regarding products and services that may be of interest to you.
- HOW WE RESPOND TO DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS AND ONLINE ADVERTISING
a. How We Respond to Browser “Do Not Track” Signals: Some web browsers (including Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome) incorporate a “Do Not Track” (DNT) or similar feature that signals to websites that a visitor does not want to have his/her online activity and behavior tracked. If a website that responds to a particular DNT signal receives the DNT signal, the browser can block that website from collecting certain Personal Information about the browser’s user. Not all browsers offer a DNT option and DNT signals are not yet uniform. For this reason, we and many website operators do not respond to DNT signals. For more information about DNT signals, visit http://allaboutdnt.com.
b. Data Collection Tools & Online Advertising. The Services may from time to time use technology that collects information about your use of the Services, such as cookies and web beacons (“Data Collection Tools”). Data Collection Tools to help manage online advertising. These Data Collection Technologies are provided by us and our advertising partners and other third parties. We and these third parties may use these Data Collection Tools to track the actions of users of the Services, to measure statistics of our marketing efforts, to deliver advertisements on the Services that may be more relevant to individual consumers and that will improve the consumer experience on the Services, and to deliver advertisements to users of the Services when they visit third-party sites.
c. Opting Out of Interest-Based Advertisements. We support the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising of the Digital Advertising Alliance (“Principles”). This means that we allow you to exercise choice regarding the collection of information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites for online interest based advertising purposes. More information about these Principles can be found at www.aboutads.info.
If you want to “opt out” of receiving online interest-based advertisements, please follow the instructions at www.aboutads.info/choices or http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. An “opt-out” Cookie will be placed on your device indicating that you do not want to receive interest-based advertisements. If you delete Cookies on your device generally, you will need to opt-out again.
Please note that when you “opt-out” of receiving interest-based advertisements, this does not mean you will no longer see advertisements from us or on the Services. It means that the online ads that you do see will not be based on your particular interests.
In addition, please note that certain third parties that we do not control may use Data Collection Tools on Services. When you “opt-out” of receiving interest-based advertisements through one of the links above, these Data Collection Tools may still collect information about your use of the Services, including for analytics and fraud prevention as well as any other purpose permitted under the Principles. When we use the term “Data Collection Tools” we are referring to any technology that collects information about your use of the Services and potentially about your activities when you leave the Services and visit other sites on the Internet.
- INFORMATION PROTECTION
Evereve has implemented safeguards intended to protect your information from unauthorized access and use. We also strive to ensure that our agents, contractors and business partners that have access to information in connection with providing services for Evereve protect your information. But, while we work hard to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the privacy or security of your information. DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION TO EVEREVE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. We urge you to take every precaution to protect your information when you use the Internet or store information on your computer, tablet or mobile device.
- LINKS TO OTHER SERVICES
- THESE SERVICES ARE NOT FOR USE BY CHILDREN
We do not knowingly collect information from minors. To use the Services, you must be the age of legal majority in your place of residence. By using the Services, you hereby represent that you are at least the age of legal majority in your place of residence. All information provided to Evereve is treated as if provided by an adult.
If we learn that a minor has submitted information about himself/herself to us, we delete it as soon as possible. If you believe that we have collected Personal Information from a minor, please contact us at email@example.com.
- CALIFORNIA CONSUMER RIGHTS INFORMATION
California Civil Code section 1798.83 law permits residents of California to opt-out of Evereve’s disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. You may choose to opt-out of the sharing of your Personal Information with third parties for marketing purposes at any time by submitting a request in writing to our contact address below or by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We honor all such opt-out requests and it is our policy not to share Personal Information with third parties for direct marketing purposes where you have submitted such a request. Please note that this opt-out does not prohibit disclosure made for non-marketing purposes.
Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, we are required to provide California residents with the following specific consumer rights information:
i. The Services are owned and/or operated by Evereve, Incorporated, 3914 West 50th Street, Edina, MN 55424.
ii. Unless otherwise expressly stated, the Services are provided without charge.
iii. To file a complaint regarding any of the Services or to receive further information regarding use of the Services, please send a letter to Evereve at 4388 France Ave S, Edina, MN 55410 or an email to email@example.com (with “California Resident Request” as the Subject Line). You also may contact the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of California’s Department of Consumer Affairs in writing at 400 R Street, Suite 1080, Sacramento, California 95814 or by telephone at 916.445.1254 or 800.952.5210.
- HOW TO CORRECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
To request corrections, amendments or deletions to any Personal Information that you have provided through the Services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Evereve will use reasonable efforts to supply you with requested Personal Information and correct any factual inaccuracy or delete your Personal Information from our databases. To honor your request, we will need the exact information you wish to correct, amend or delete.
If we believe you have or are violating our Terms of Service or in order to protect or defend Evereve’s rights or property, even without a subpoena, warrant or other court order.